Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno Click for Northern Lights Click for Mag Bay

1988 372 Catalina question

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by tomsfoolery, Jan 27, 2008.

1. tomsfoolery

tomsfoolery New Member

Prairie du Chien Marina, Prairie du Chien, Wiscons
    Hi all....I'm new here, just found the site a few days ago. Anyway, I have a question that maybe someone could help me with. We own an 88' 372 Catalina and would like to replace the kick out plate in the stateroom with a window. Ideally we'd like something that we could open up if necessary. Any ideas on sources for custom windows or maybe someone who has done this in the past sure would be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

The ability to open that is necessary as an emergency escape. Make some measurements then perhaps check the Bomar catalog. They may have a hatch/port/window that will come close to going in the opening. There are manufacturers for custom marine windows. I seem to recall seing several at the IBEX show. If my memory serves, the few I noticed seemed to be from Canada and had nice looking products. A web search would likely turn up some sources. Good luck.
  3. seasthebay

seasthebay New Member

Hi i have the same Model but we put our name on the rear hatch, We felt we have plenty of light and ventalation with the side window and window in the master head. If you would like to keep in touch that would be great, we just purchased our 88 372 Catallina in October and have been bummed the wind and weather has not cooperated for us to go too far from our marina, But if your in Wisconson we are better off than you. What your boats name?

Neil
    Seas the Bay
    Virginia Beach, Va
  4. tomsfoolery

tomsfoolery New Member

Seasthebay....Thanks very much for your reply. And yes, I would like to keep in touch. Our boats name is "tomsfoolery too". Two boats ago we had one named tomsfoolery. Just got it last June and absolutly love it. My wife and I made and put up the dodger board around the cockpit and had the new enclosure, eisenglass and canvas made. Our boat before this one was a 36 Carver Mariner and we loved that boat but it doesn't hold a candle to this one. Oh, one more question....do you have the original owners manual for your 88? We didn't get one with ours. If you have one, any chance you'd make a copy for me and I'll pay the expenses and shipping for a copy? Thanks, and have a great season,

Tom.
  5. seasthebay

seasthebay New Member

Hi Tom,
    Yes I believe I have everything from day 1. The last owner was an airline pilot and the first was fastidious I have every receipt and work order. My records so far are all stuffed in one folder. I will be going down to the boat today and bring everything home and will copy or scan to email the original manual. I do not think it is too big. I will be off the boat for the next 2 weeks seeing that I am putting in the yard for a much needed bow thruster install and bottom painting. Thank goodness there is always something to spend that "EXTRA" money on with a boat.

Neil
  6. tomsfoolery

tomsfoolery New Member

Again, thanks Neil. And I know what you mean about the "extra money". Ours didn't come with a windlass so I bought one this winter and will be installing it when the boat goes in, probable within 2 weeks. We cruise on the Mississippi and the river is way up right now, but it's dropping so they'll start putting boats in soon. Can't wait. Sure am looking forward to getting a copy of your manual. You can't believe how far and wide I've looked trying to find one. Thank you, and we'll talk again.

Tom.
  7. seasthebay

seasthebay New Member

manual

Hi Tom email me directly and I'll send you a pdf file of the manual. you may be able to take it to a office depot or printer to print it full size ,let me know if you can't print it. I was being sarcastic about the extra money since there is always something we need to spend on for the boat. I just put in a bow thruster and while we had to pull it out of the water we went ahead and had the bottom painted and props rudders and hardware stripped and zinc barnicle coated, and also the hull compounded and polished.
    send me an email to my sellhomz@gmail.com and I'll send you the file
    Neil
  8. tomsfoolery

tomsfoolery New Member

Thanks Neil and the email is on the way.
    Tom.