Click for Northern Lights Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums

1970 commander 27

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by sankanother1, Sep 10, 2007.

1. sankanother1

sankanother1 New Member

1970 27' hull # 41 twin 350's. I should have her home tomorrow:D ...

Attached Files:

2. bluedolphin11

bluedolphin11 New Member

I'm buying one this weekend

Hi, sankanother1. I'm picking up a 1970 27' commander this weekend. Twin 307's fresh water cooled. It's in decent shape. Who are you insuring yours with? No one wants to insure the boat which is more than 30 years old.
  3. sankanother1

sankanother1 New Member

Seatow is all I use on my boats.They are not worth insuring.I have a mortgage on my house therefor well you live in Florida and won't be surprised that I have been through 5 insurance company's in four years.(dopped for no reason).I ahve to insure my four cars in a no fault state..LOLOLOLOLOLOL and you think I am going to give these **** crooks more money and there is no law stating I have to..I also own a trailer and two motorcycles and all these registrations expire on my birthday.$$$$$$$.More insurance HAHAHAHAHAHA!I will not give the government or insurance company's one red cent more than I have to.I buy cheap boats.By the way I If you want my Chris Craft I will sell it to you for 1400.00.How can you beat that????
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

You go out into water more than neck deep in a boat worth less than $1,400? God bless you Huck Finn. You've got the true spirit of an adventurer. BTW, I bet your wife has you heavily insured. LOL :D
  5. bluedolphin11

bluedolphin11 New Member

sankanother, were you actually selling your boat? For $1,400? WOW, that's one nice boat, a steal at that price. What happened? It's a beauty. I paid $2,500 for mine, and yours is a lot prettier than mine. I picked her up yesterday (Saturday), proceeded to SE17th causeway so Seatow can get a look at her while underway. Once the Seatow rep saw the boat in running condition, he called Seatow head office, and my boat is now on Seatow. So right now, I have a 1980 Shamrock (20') and this Chris Craft 1970 27' Commander. The Shamrock is insured with AllState, but the Chris Crat right now is still uninsured. I wonder if I can get just the liability coverage - collission, oil spill, etc. The boat is not worth much. But I like her!! By the way, where's dunnelon, fl.?
  6. sankanother1

sankanother1 New Member

HaHa yes NYCAP I take the the beaters.Makes boating much more enjoyable.bouncing of the docks instead of fenders.adding another coat of bottom paint instead of striping.running cheap 87 octane..A lot of reasons mostly I just get board of em and find something else.I build engines and can do these kinds of things though I don't recommend it to just anyone.blue dolphin I am just out of Crystal river.north central gulf side.It takes about a mile out to drop a foot of water.boats alwys look better in pictures but shes study.I really like the Orca in jaws I will find a free big old Woodie one day and name her orca. In reference to the over your neck in a cheap boat.well I learned to swim a long time ago I strogly suggest it if you are going boating..Here is a link of the fun I have fetting free boats I had this one cleaned up and running in one week sold it for 1500.00 http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoVi...94207&folderid=0&UV=309261342479_353257821307
  7. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Any pics of the old one wen it was "cleaned up and running in a week"?
  8. sankanother1

sankanother1 New Member

I don't think so. A neighbor down the road bought it before I got a chance to carpet it.I never got a chance to list it but I may have one somewhere.
  9. sankanother1

sankanother1 New Member

I do have a couple but not on purpose ..Here you go....

Attached Files:

10. sankanother1

sankanother1 New Member

sorry the other one won't load..
  11. bluedolphin11

bluedolphin11 New Member

sankanother1, mine needs some painting. Running gear and hull seems solid. Engines are original 307's small block chevs. Previous owner (since 2001) rebuilt both engines, and put Corvette hi perf heads, then switched the port side back to the original heads (after rebore, etc., of course). The starboard still has the Corvette heads, but he gave me the reman heads to put back in if I decide to go that route. He says with the Corvette heads, the engine "pings". Since I got the boat Saturday the 17th, I've taken her out (on the river, not the ocean) 3 times, a total of 8 hrs., and the engines literally "purr", sounding great. My mechanic got a ride on her, and he commented on the smooth running engines. Today, I started her up, just to get her warmed up, and the port side was noisy - metallic noise, like bearings. What could it be - maybe starter, alternator, hopefully nothing inside the engine? All gauges ok (temp, oil, voltage, etc.). The engine runs, just noisy. The noise gets louder or quieter with the engine rpm.