Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for Perko

Can you help identify this boat??

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by cmariani, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmariani

cmariani New Member

Hello, I recently purchased a boat from my grandfather and he swore it was a 1968 Chris Craft Corsair but I can find nothing that would suggest a 68 Corsair ever existed. I know this might not be the exact forum to post this on but im desperate! Any help would be appreciated!! I tried to post pictures but i was unable to do so. I can send pictures to an email if helpful.
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi and welcome to YF. Send the pics to Carl (at) Yachtforums (dot) com. I'll post them for you.
  3. YachtForums

Here's the pics...

Attached Files:

4. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Looks like a Chris Craft Lancer to me.
  5. YachtForums

6. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

XK 19 was my first thought, but she has the wrong windshield. When I get to my office today, I will look in my "Big Blue Chris Craft Book" There actually was a small fiberglass Corsair model in those days. That could be correct.
  7. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

I looked in the book. She is either a 19 or 23 Lancer, which is from the "Corsair" division.

What length is the subject craft?
  8. cmariani

cmariani New Member

Thank you for all of your responses! The boats hull number is ORGZ 17 0129 V if that helps. it is give or take 17 feet long
  9. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Based upon that hull # she is a 17.5' XL170 1968 Sunlounger Transdrive/Sport-V. From the Corsair Division. This info from the book: Chris Craft-The Essential Guide by Jerry Conrad of The Mariner's Museum in Newport News, Va.
  10. cmariani

cmariani New Member

Thank you for SeaEric! Now this must either be a rare boat or just a lame boat that no one wants (which is fine with me as i bought it just to fish out of) cause i can find nothing about it on the internet. No pictures, history or anything. Do you have any backround on it or any values? Do you think the "racing stripe" is original or not?
  11. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

1081 total boats built, 1963-1968. 150 of them in 1968. Length 17'9" Beam 7'5" Weight 1540# Fuel 21 gal. Color schemes were red, white, or blue. Engine options were 225 Chris Craft/120 Mercury/140 Eaton. The stripes were probably original. The value has to do with cosmetic and mechanical condition. Take a look here: http://www.antiqueboat.com/boats/ClassicGlass.asp

It looks like similar boats are in the $10K range. Note that the XK-19 Chris Craft has become very collectable, and therefore the prices are way up in the stratosphere.

You have a fun boat there. Enjoy her!
  12. dogsharks

dogsharks Guest

I have a ton of information on this boat, the Corsair line, history, hardcopy and electronic images, brochure scans and links if anyone needs this stuff please email me and I will be happy to share it with anyone.

Paul
  13. cmariani

cmariani New Member

Yes any additional information would be great!!! I am hoping to post more photos soon which may be helpful. I am also trying to identify the type of engine as well...the pictures should help.
  14. cmariani

cmariani New Member

Thank you for all of your help!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for everyones help on this forum! You have all been very helpful and insightful! I have been told that this is the incorrect forum to post my inquiries and will discontinue immediately. Forgive me for any inconveience I may have caused you! Thank you again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.