Click for Delta Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Walker Click for Abeking

Info desired: 1930s Chris-Craft yachts---40 ft plus

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by Loeffelholz, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Loeffelholz

Loeffelholz New Member

Hello everyone! It's a lovely site you have here! :)

I'm a writer in the midst of a novel set in 1941 Miami Beach, Florida, and I'd like very much to feature a Chris-Craft motor yacht in it. I'd like it to be at least 40 feet long, but larger if possible; I know they made a 48-footer in the 1930s...if they made something larger than that, even better!

If anyone has any information---photos, or links to information---about Chris-Craft's top of the line motor yachts from this era, I would appreciate any guidance you might be able to provide.

Thanks very much,

Mark Loeffelholz
  2. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

The Mariner's Museum in Newport News, Virginia has a large collection of historic Chris Craft images. See their image collection website here:

http://www.mariner.org/licensing/index.php

They should have what you need.
  3. riptidecrew1939

riptidecrew1939 New Member

Excellent Chris Craft Website

Check out www.maranee.com. This is the website for a beatifully restored 1940 42' Chris Craft, still powered with her original CC motors.
  4. Loeffelholz

Loeffelholz New Member

She's a nice one, all right---thanks very much for the link! Two staterooms would serve my purposes nicely... :)

And thanks to SeaEric for his lead as well. I have managed to find a very nice two-page Chris-Craft advertisement from 1938 on ebay as well.

I'm still in the information-gathering stage for this part of the project, so any further ideas would naturally be welcome!

Thanks again!
  5. hat4349

hat4349 Senior Member

There is an excellent book out on the history of Chris Craft and lists all the different yachts with floor plans and pictures. Just google it. Last time I saw one was in the museum shop in Annapolis, Md.