Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Westport

'89 Chris Craft 427 Catalina HIN

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by spngoo, Apr 25, 2009.

1. spngoo

spngoo New Member

I am in the process of purchasing an '89 Chris Craft 427 Catalina manufactured in March 1988, and there is no HIN on the upper starboard corner of the transom. Any suggestions about other possible locations, or someone to contact about the build of Catalinas of this era? (Please no opinions about the boat's possible history, etc. as I am aware of what a missing HIN could mean. Also, there is a secondary HIN in the engine room.) Thanks.
  2. yachts4fun

yachts4fun New Member

Have you thought of checking the coast guard document it sometimes lists the him# also? With the doc# you could search for a abstract that may mention it too. Any coast guard document service can help with that search.
  3. spngoo

spngoo New Member

Thanks for the reply. I know the HIN, because the plaque is in the engine room. It's just unusual that the HIN plaque is not on the exterior of the hull.