Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn

Help Identifying This Boat

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by Dan Happ, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Dan Happ

Dan Happ New Member

Greetings Everyone.
    Newbee here.
    I've been watching this Chris Craft sit outside and rot for 8 years. I might be able to get this boat for nothing. Can anyone tell me what it is?
    I've been told it is 21' long and the owner claims there were only 3 of this model made, in this length. I spoke to the owner 4 years ago and he did not want to let it go. He may change his mind now. It is in bad shape.
    I own a wood working shop and have restored two fiberglass sailboats. So I can do the work to rebuild, it'll jsut take 6 or 7 or 8 years :confused:
    Thanks in Advance,
    Dan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

The subject vessel appears to be a 22' Cutlass model built by Chris Craft from 1964 to 1968. The total number built was 355. There were 50 built in 1964, 120 in 1965, 85 in 1966, 50 in 1967 and 50 in 1968. Chris Craft painted the hull blue in all years except 1968, when they were white.
  3. Dan Happ

Dan Happ New Member

Thank You Eric.
    That helps tremendously.
    Dan
  4. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

You can probably purchase a good condition example of this model for under $10K. Unless you relish the restoration journey, this particular boat would appear to make no sense in taking on as a project. Not even as a gift. If you're interested in doing a boat over, I would suggest that you consider something a little more exotic. The restoration cost and effort may be similar, but the finished product will then be a treasure.
  5. Dan Happ

Dan Happ New Member

I hear you loud and clear. It does look alot like parts boat. However, I really enjoy the rebuilding process and thought a plywood boat would be a good place to start instead of making a mess of a boat that could be valuable.
  6. Dan Happ

Dan Happ New Member

Eric
    Where would the hull ID number be located on this boat?
    Dan