Click for Burger Click for Delta Click for Walker Click for Perko Click for Glendinning

68 Cheoy Lee, 2006

Discussion in 'Cheoy Lee Yacht' started by marvincrone, Feb 20, 2006.

1. marvincrone

marvincrone New Member

Boat is operated out of Clearwater Florida but hom
    I am interested any any information you might have regarding the Cheoy Lee power boats in general or the 68 sport specifically. I am thinking of having one built and would like to know the good and the bad about Cheoy Lee from owners or captains. Also interested in your views on using the C30 Cats. We would like to push this vessel to 25k and am interested in your general viewpoint of that engine.
  2. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

C30's in a 68????
  3. marvincrone

marvincrone New Member

Yes, the one that was shown at the boat show had them. She has a 25k cruise and tops out at 31k.
  4. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

Very interesting. We have the C18's and they cruise at 25k and max at 27/28k. Is the engine room small with them in there?
  5. marvincrone

marvincrone New Member

I was told that the boat would only cruise at about 23 with the 3412s. As far as fitting, the heat exchanger clears the forward bulkhead by only a couple of inches. I questioned the wisdom in that. The rest is accessible. How do you like the boat?
  6. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

It's great. Haven't had any issues with it. I was on the Cheoy Lee 68 at a show a couple months ago. One of the things I noticed was that it seemed a little chopped up. Doesn't seem to flow as easy as ours and has one less stateroom. Did they have it at Miami?
  7. marvincrone

marvincrone New Member

The Miami show had the standard three stateroom layout shown on the web site with the addition of crew quarters in the back.
  8. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

I missed that one. So many boats to see and not enough time. Did you look at any of the lazzara's?
  9. marvincrone

marvincrone New Member

Yes, I just can't get past the exterior styling. The layout for the 68 with the dingy enclosed is really a feat of design. Looks like crap on paper but actually works pretty well in the engine room. I also really like the reliability of the solid hull so I don't think I would consider the Lazzara.
  10. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

The garage helps a lot. We also have platform for a jet ski which really helps open up the flybridge. What would you do to the styling?
  11. Billy1119

Billy1119 Senior Member

I realize it's kind of apples to oranges, but we have 3412's and cruise at 24-25, and that's in an 80 footer. I can't imagine a 68 getting less. Granted, we're on a fully planing hull and it's rather small for an 80 footer... Sorry I don't actually have any constructive information for you regarding your question.

Where would I even begin?? :D