Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for JetForums Click for Delta Click for Northern Lights

Gunk buster?

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Good Spirit, Jul 28, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Good Spirit

Good Spirit Member

Northern harbour lake of the woods Ontario Canada
    Looking for some help. Recently I saw an anchor chain cleaning device called a "gunk buster". I have looked for it everywhere on line in North America and Europe. Does anyone know of these and where they might be available. It worked amazing and would really like to get my hands on one
  2. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Davis Instruments in Heywood Ca. Manufactured the original but I don't know if they make them anymore or sold the rights to another company. Give Davis a call and inquire.
  3. Good Spirit

Good Spirit Member

Gunk buster

I called Davis and they no longer have them. There was a company in the UK that had them in their catalogue but I heard from them that they no longer have them.
  4. Good Spirit

Good Spirit Member

If anyone on the forum has one they would like to sell, I need the 5/16 size. Please message me with details
  5. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

6. Good Spirit

Good Spirit Member

You are indeed correct. I can't understand why it was discontinued when it really works well. Most of the anchorages on Lake Of the Woods have really muddy bottoms. It looks like I'll be fabricating my own device. Thanks for the link