Click for Horizon
Click for Llebroc
Click for Nordhavn
Click for Elling
Click for Alexseal
Click for McConaghy
Go Back   YachtForums.Com > YACHT & BOAT FORUMS > SportFish Yachts > Cabo Yacht > Cabo Yachts

Login to YachtForums
Username
Password

Cabo Yachts

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2005, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Cabo Yachts

Are there any Cabo owners out there? I sure would like to know your thoughts on them. What model and year do you own?
SportFishdaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

my father currently owns a Cabo 40' Express. We have fished 3 seasons on it. It is amazing, the hull wil take anything. In a recent tournament we were able to run 22 kts in 6-8/10 ft seas on the way back, we were really impressed with it.
rymert19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

43 Cabo FB 2005

I own a 43 and love it. Cabo makes a great boat. What questions do you have and I will try to answer. It is powered with twin CR900hp.
CSkipR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

I am not an owner but was a fulltime captain on a 2005 45' Cabo. It is a great boat that is built strong, well engineered and thoughtout and excellent electrical. The '45 is also my favorite. It's fast, handles very well, raises fish and is very stable at trolling speeds. We caught quite a few billfish as well as numerous wahoo, Tuna, and Dolphin.

But I have run every model that Cabo makes for seatrials and engine startups and so forth. They all run well and are engineered, designed, and well built. In their size range 32'-52', I cannot think of a competitor that is as good.
Capt J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

I just joined and LOVE these forums! I am considering a 200 35 Cabo flybridge with 3208's. Boat is absolutly pristine, engines have about 2000 hrs but are very quiet and smooth. Like the easy access instead of crawling down into a "hell hole."
Mike Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hall
I just joined and LOVE these forums! I am considering a 200 35 Cabo flybridge with 3208's. Boat is absolutly pristine, engines have about 2000 hrs but are very quiet and smooth. Like the easy access instead of crawling down into a "hell hole."
I saw on the Bert forum where you ended up buying the Cabo. Congrats on the new ride! Hope you're enjoying it.
SportFishdaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks..been spending a little time and $ getting her ready, just about there..So far I think she's a great boat.
Mike Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Cabo Yachts

I own a 1995 35 Cabo Flybridge, AWESOME ! Love the boat, and great to work on. Highest quality boat and equipment you can find. Owned it a year and using all the time. Great running boat.
Mike Tugboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

Question for Cabo 35 flybridge owners

I am considering purchasing one of these and have admired the design and quality construction. My only concern is the reputation for very high fuel burn. Can an owner give me an idea of the fuel burn with the cats and the later common rail cummins engines?

Thanks,

Islanddoc5
Islanddoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanddoc5 View Post

I am considering purchasing one of these and have admired the design and quality construction. My only concern is the reputation for very high fuel burn. Can an owner give me an idea of the fuel burn with the cats and the later common rail cummins engines?

Thanks,

Islanddoc5
The engine burns virtually the same GPH no matter what boat you put it in if you're running them all at 80% load and they're all propped to achieve rated max rpm's. I think a pair of 3208's 425hp burn around 35 gph at cruise if I remember correctly, which is around 25 knots or so in the 35' FB. Most all of the 35's I ran had 3126's..... or c7's... with c7's at 28.6 knots they burn 31.6 gph......I don't think they burn a lot of fuel....if you look at gpm compared to similar boats.....

I took a 35' Cabo FB from Fort Lauderdale to Placencia, Belize one time. They're a great little boat......a touch wet, but stable especially at trolling speeds for a 35' FB.

Here are a bunch of CABO boat tests for all of the various models with fuel burn:
http://media.channelblade.com/EProWe...CAT_C7.xls.pdf

There are a bunch of different engine tests for the 35' express, just figure the same rpm, same fuel burn and 1-2 knots slower for the FB boat.
Capt J is offline   Reply With Quote