Click for Mag Bay Click for Perko Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker Click for Abeking

Cabo 43 FB - increasing eng rpm in neutral

Discussion in 'Cabo Yacht' started by CSkipR, Apr 3, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

I have owned my 2005 43 Cabo for over a year and have not figured out how to increase the idle speed when the boat is in neutral. I believe I am following the directions on the electronic controls but it never has worked. Not sure if something is defective or its me.
    Thanks for your input.
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

well, about telling us what brand/model of controls you have???

on the Morse electronics, you lift the cover and hold the transfer switch for a few seconds until the N lights blink. this disables the transmission function of the controls. You can then move the controls forward into gear without engaging the trannies, then at higher RPM in Neutral

but again, this is for the morse, since you didn't tell us what controls you have... who knows!!
  3. capt.charles3

capt.charles3 New Member

A little to add to this but if you havent found the answer yet maybe I can help. What engines do you have? Man, Cat? What controls? If Man they are probably RexRoth. These dont have a clear or obvious button to press but it works. Also the Cat controls will work. Will need to know what you have.

Charles