Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click for Comfort Click for Westport Click for Walker

1964 CC Roamer Riviera 36 (AL)

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer: Buy/Sell/Trade' started by alloyed2sea, Jul 28, 2008.

1. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

New listing from Gregg:
    I have decided to sell my Roamer. You had said at one point that you may know someone who was looking for one. If not, I would like to place this ad on the Roamer's Club Web Site. I don't know how to do that, but here is all of the information along with some pictures. 1964 Chris Craft Roamer - this is a very rare 36' Aluminum Fresh Water Roamer. It is one of only 15 build in 1964 and is the nicest one I know of.
    I have owned the boat for 6 years and have done the following. Sandblasted, filled, faired, and painted bottom. Added custom teak swim platform, refinished, replaced all wood in cockpit area, had new windshields custom made. Replated some of the hardware (more could use it). Installed brand new Crusader 5.7L engines in 2005 along with "new", slightly used Hurst transmissions. Installed custom made aluminum fuel tanks. Re-upholstered all interior and exterior cushions in 2005. New carpet in 2005. Installed Xantrex Fully automatic 3 bank charger. Installed West Marine Seavold AGM Batteries.
    I have and will be installing brand new 4 blade Hi-Torq "Michigan Wheels." Installed unbelievable stereo system with two Kenwood amps, a sub, Polk Momo Speakers, IPod control Pioneer Receiver. Installed Galvanic Isolator. Installed Garmin 178C Color Chart Plotter and Bottom Chart along with new thru hull transducer. What it doesn't have: I took out the generator because it was old and greasy. I had planned to replace and never did because of the fairly mild conditions in East Tennessee. There is plenty of room and it is plumbed for it both on the intake side and the exhaust side. It does have a marine air unit. This is an awesome boat and I never planned to sell it. I bought the best of everything for it. The back deck is huge and it is a great boat for entertaining. It has made many trips to the UT Football games with as many at 12-14 passengers.
    Well, things change, and after three classic boats, I have decided to go new for a little while. Mechanically I would rate it a 9.5. Cosmetically, I would rate it a 7.5. Call or e-mail me to see the boat or ask questions. I am currently a two boat owner and want to change that asap. gregp@foodsaleseast.com $48500; Phone: 865-599-4878

Attached Files:

2. ewdahler

ewdahler New Member

Roamer

Beautiful classic Chris-Craft. Great model year. I have a '59 Sea Skiff 30' semi-enclosed...very well built cruiser, great performance, and best of all the looks. I work a lot with classics, will send youa PM maybe can help you with this.

Regards
    Eric
  3. iaranicki

iaranicki Member

hull number for 36 Alumium hulls?

As you know I have the same one but with a pair of 440's.
    I am interested in referencing all the 25 aluminum hull number for the 36' series.

I have seen this add but didn't get the hull number from Greg

I encourage you send pics for any other 36 Aluminum that you know of.

for now I have in 1963 pics for
    - 36 RXP 1602
    - 36 RXP 1603
    - 36 RXP 1604
    - 36 RXP 1609
    and for 1964
    - 36 RXQ 1708
    - 36 RXQ 1711
    - 36 RXQ 1714 (mine)

it is only 7 out 25 with one it would be 8 if anyone can get the hull#
    It is quite poor performance so any reference on the 17 missing is welcome!!!
    thanks
    Ivan