Click for Nordhavn Click for Comfort Click for Delta Click for MotorCheck Click for YF Listing Service

Burger's Newest Yachts - "Areti I & II"

Discussion in 'Burger News & Launches' started by YachtForums, Oct 25, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

ARETI I & ARETI II – “Twin” 127' Tri-Decks

Burger Boat Company, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, U.S.A. — Within a 4-hour period, 404' of new yacht construction projects were signed at Burger Boat Company.

Starting with a contract for a 150' (45.7m) Tri-deck, Time for Us and followed by the signing of two identical 127' (38.7m) Tri-deck yachts, Areti I and Areti II. Without question, this is one of the most historic moments in Burger’s history, the signing of the largest motor yacht combined with the contract to design and build twin 127' (38.7m) Tri-deck motor yachts.

The identical yachts will be owned a young Russian industrialist with a global business and leisure interests. This coincides perfectly with the recent completion a new 48,000 sq. ft. (4,460 sq. meters) world class manufacturing complex.

Areti I and Areti II will be built upon the very successful and well-proven 26’06” (8m) beam hull platform (SIS-W, Lady Grace Marie). These vessels will be ABS+A1 AMS and MCA certified continuing an uninterrupted trend at the shipyard.

The five-stateroom yachts will have a traditionally styled interior motif of raised panel African cherry (makoré) with several interesting features including a large commercial galley, full sauna room and much more. The vessels will be powered by Caterpillar engines, have zero-speed stabilization and full “glass bridge” navigation electronic systems among numerous other technical attributes.
    Both yachts will be launched in the spring of 2007. Areti I will be based in the U.S. for cruising the Eastern Seaboard, the Bahamas and the Caribbean. Areti II will be based in Europe for cruising the Mediterranean, Adriatic and Aegean Seas and the Balkans. The concept of two identical yachts is really quite practical for an owner splitting his time between Europe and the U.S. Why cross the Atlantic if you really don’t have to?

For more information, contact:

Burger Boat Company
    1811 Spring Street
    Manitowoc, WI 54220
    www.burgerboat.com

Attached Files:

2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

The Areti I was launched by the yard's 500T carrier crane a few days ago in fact yesterday (the 9th of September, 2007). The Areti I is the first of two sister newbuilds underconstruction at Burger. The second, to be named Areti II which will be launched a little later this year ('07). See the above write up by "YachtForums" for more details.

http://www.burgerboat.com
  3. Yacht News

Areti II

Areti II was launched on the 3rd of November, 2007 following two months after her twin sister, the Areti I back on September 9th. This is successful work by Burger Boat in the notion of having the ability to launch two vessels within two months of each other.

The Areti II will take to Lake Michigan soon after to conduct a battery of sea trials. The second Areti will be almost identical to the first yacht, both which have been constructed for a Russian client. Areti II will be delivered later this month or early December the latest.

The Areti I will stay in the U.S while in early 2008, the Areti II will take to the seas and head for the East, towards areas such as Greece. The advantage of having two identical vessels and being able to spread them on nearly two different spheres of the Earth is golden.

Stay tuned to the Burger Boat website for more...
  4. burgersboat

burgersboat New Member

Hmmm 2 boats in 2 months

Very impressive.

I can remember Henry Burger (4th generation) telling me they turned out 11 boats in one year,, 9--64 footers,1--81 footer and a 96 footer. Taking into consideration the Manitowoc River is frozen for around 4 months of the year, that computes to 11 boats in 8 months. Now that's impressive.

When it took 6 weeks to build 1 hull. They built 11 hulls in 32 weeks, much less the rest of the boat, That's really Impressive. Sure they weren't as elaborate as the boats are now days, but you still start with a hull and house. And to think they only had 2 in-house Naval Architects at the time. compared to the 20 they have now. That's Really Impressive.
  5. Yacht News