Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta Click for Cross Click for Westport

Burger Yacht's "SIS-W"

Discussion in 'Burger Yacht' started by YachtForums, Jul 15, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Burger Boat Company, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, U.S.A. - On June 14, 2003 at 1:00 p.m. one of the world's most historic and prestigious yards is scheduled to launch the largest aluminum pleasure craft vessel in Burger's 140-year history, SIS W, the 126' Tri-deck for Mr. and Mrs. Charles R. Walgreen, Jr.

The famed name of Walgreen is associated with Walgreen's Pharmacy which, in fact, was founded by the father of Mr. Walgreen, Jr. The company's tremendous growth and stellar reputation is attributed greatly to the strong leadership of Mr. Walgreen, Jr. At the age of 97, he is known to still head into the office and has inspired many with the decision to build SIS W.

The creation of SIS W has been a collaboration between Casey Pratt, Mr. Walgreen's grandson, Captain Jim Bean who has been with the family on the last three yachts, Joanne Walgreen, granddaughter and owner of Belden Interiors and the engineers and craftspeople at Burger Boat Company. SIS W will feature a traditional interior of Makoré to complement her stunning exterior lines. A few of the notable amenities will include an elevator from the main deck foyer to the sky lounge and up to the sun deck; a fireplace in the main salon, a full-beam master suite on the main deck level; four spacious guest staterooms all with private baths below, crew quarters and nursing accommodations for eight including an upper deck level Captain's suite.

Attached Files:

2. Viking Ship

Viking Ship New Member

Casey

Hey is Casey still married to Cricket?
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi Viking Ship,

Can't answer that for you. (don't know)... but, I've met the captain of SIS-W. The boat takes up residence at Sunrise Harbor in Ft. Lauderdale. If I see him, I'll ask. :)