Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Glendinning Click for Westport Click for Abeking

I'm first?

Discussion in 'Buddy Davis Yacht' started by SHAZAM, Feb 13, 2010.

1. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

Nothing in this section considering how many boats Buddy built?
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Are the current buddy davis' built in Egg Harbor, NJ? Or are they built in NC?
  3. RoxyFish

RoxyFish New Member

Both... The old man is still making some great Davis boats in NC. The Dr at Egg Harbor Group bought the molds and are making them up there as well. By far the ones in NJ are worlds apart from the NC built boats.. Nothing beats a custom glass over wood boat.....
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

In what respect exactly?
  5. RoxyFish

RoxyFish New Member

The ride and sea handleing ability. The old way of custom built sportfishing boat has a very solid ride that out performs any cold molded fiberglass boat. If you notice most all of the top custom boats are still made this very same way.
  6. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Also, a lot of tounament fishermen think the "harmonics" of a wooden hull are better at raising fish...
  7. RoxyFish

RoxyFish New Member

Beau,

I can not agree with you mopre, same with teh old detroits in the custom boats.... Recently a number of us were fishing out of DR and all teh boats with older engines raised more fish, the boat that had teh IPS drives raised the least. I truely think they are to quiet... all were fishing side by side and draging and fishing with the same baits....
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

He's talking about a cold molded hull. They are quiet, strong, light, and the boats run well/ride well, and are fast.
  9. CABO1946

CABO1946 New Member

Anyone have any thoughts or insights on the 45 express 2001-2004 or 48 express 2005. Any info would be helpful. Pros and cons. Thanks
  10. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

After running both a 2005 50' Egg harbor, and a 2006 58' Davis I am totally un-impressed with the build quality and rate it about even with an Ocean. The Davis ran good. But, the back of the engine room bulkhead was cracking across the ER ceiling from the ER door all of the way stbd, just like the 50' Egg. I guess the cockpit freezer is aft of it. The aeroquip hoses going to and from the motor were just strung anywhere and laying all over the bilge, not secured anywhere. The wiring was similar in some places.......it was just a very sloppily built boat, that would've taken only hours to do this stuff correctly. They also use these really ****** stainless looking seacocks that the handle (stem) breaks free of the ball. I was on a B+D on the other hand and it was a custom boat, that was built very nicely.