Click for Furuno Click for Perko Click for Burger Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn

Interesting Boats at Broward's Yard!

Discussion in 'Broward Yacht' started by YachtForums, Mar 22, 2006.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Got a message from YF member Mac McLaughlin about an interesting boat at Broward's yard. He wasn't kidding! This is the 1957 Feadship "De Vrouwe Christina". Mac arranged for me to take a tour, but without the owner's consent, I didn't want take interior pictures. According to the captain, no expense was spared during a two-year restoration, in which the hull was completely replated. During this time, bow and stern thrusters were added too. All of the wood (which had been painted) was stripped and brought back to its original luster.

The interior and all machinery was completely removed. They started with a bare-bones shell and added new engines, navigation equipment, chiller, generator, plumbing, wiring, etc. And finally, an *entirely* new interior was commissioned. Lots of granite, marble, stainless and fine woods. The interior is just as modern as any of today's yachts.

The captain said the boat has reached 10 knots under power, but they haven't unfurled the sheets yet. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

The bow... or the stern? ;)

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

Daggerboards... or wings? To give you an example of size, these boards were equally as large as the car below.

Attached Files:

4. YachtForums

Mounted on a pipe-frame arch, the nav-system is the only update clue.

Attached Files:

5. YachtForums

A rudder... or a sail? The prop shaft has been pulled out for maintenance (in case you're wondering)

Attached Files:

6. YachtForums

Another Sensational boat was at the yard too...

Attached Files:

7. YachtForums

...Sensation's Maratani X!

Attached Files:

8. YachtForums

Although Sensation finished much of the interior, the final stages of completion were taken on by the owner and it was brought to Broward for final fitting. This is Maratani X's garage...

Attached Files:

9. YachtForums

Can't leave out the tenders! This is an Aquamajestic. What makes this boat unique is the convertible top and auto-style, roll-down side windows! :cool:

Attached Files:

10. YachtForums

Here's a slightly better angle showing the interior...

Attached Files:

11. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

That Feadship is beautiful! I'd love to see what it looks like under full sail. :)
  12. wdrzal

wdrzal Senior Member

What yacht is behind (left of) of maratani X ?????? it looks like it has a round glass elevator to the top deck. Can you post pics of it,I'm sure you took some;)
  13. YachtForums

As a matter of fact, I did. It's Evviva! Currently waiting for her new name to be applied (Aurora, I think?). Here's a couple of shots, but there are many more throughout YF...

Attached Files:

14. YachtForums

It was hard to get a good angle, but here's another...

Attached Files:

15. YachtForums

Rodrigues group is handling this. It was docked on the opposite side of the Dania cut-off canal. Can you name it?

Attached Files:

16. wdrzal

wdrzal Senior Member

Thanks for the pics YF.:)...... Close up,I'm not crazy about the picket fence effect of the window frames. Most likey just the sharp angle. What do you guys think if they would have split them horizontly ? ,like 60/40 with 60% on top. It appears there are a few offsets that may make it possible depending on the length a sheet can be. Or would that look odd ? I can'tmake my mind up. From a distance its probably doesn't have that effect.

No matter what the exterior looks like, the 360 degree veiws from the upper decks just must be spectacular !!!!!!!:eek: And to me thats what would matter.
  17. Heather_Rae

Heather_Rae New Member

oh that Feadship is GORGEOUS! They did such a beautiful job of restoring all that wood. What a BEAUTY!
  18. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

De Vrouwe Christina

Any possibility that the owner would allow you to post more photos? What a unique vessel! At the very least I hope that you got a complete set of interior photos for documentation purposes even if you can't publish them.
  19. YachtForums

The captain of the boat requested interior pictures NOT be taken until permission was granted by the owner, although she (that's right, she) did not see a problem with us doing a short feature with interior pics once the owner approved. I'm not sure where the boat is located now and I don't have a way to get in touch with her. I'll check with good folks at Broward next time I visit the yard. They may be able to put us in touch.
  20. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Evviva gets my vote over Maratani X. Though it is nice to see such variety in design.

Kelly Cook