Click for Cross Click for JetForums Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service

What to do in Miami

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by psdo, May 10, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. psdo

psdo Senior Member

A little off topic but....
    I'm heading to Miami on Thursday to meet up with my cousin from SXM. We are going down to Marathon for the APBA off shore races. Anyhow we plan on spending Thursday night in Miami and touring around. Where might there be some cool bars that some boating guys could enjoy some of the hot Miami scenery if you know what I mean? Preferably not a place with a $40 cover and $15 drinks!

Thanks

Steve
  2. Rsocarras

Rsocarras Guest

Miami HOT SPOTS

Steve,

I have two words for you! Lincoln Road! Its a strip in Miami Beach that is close to the beach. The best landmark to guide you by is the Delido Hotel which is now owned by Ritz Carlton. The place has many trendy spots and the view of the natives is world class. If you make it during the afternoon, you can enjoy the waters of Miami Beach. That section of the beach is great with the 'optional' tops being a wonderful perk. Pun intended!

Many of the best clubs are down in that area and I would not hesitate to ask your favorite new lady friends where they are off too for the evening.

Oh...keep it safe and don't forget protection...sunscreen too in case you forget!

Ohh...Pictures! Make us proud!
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

A couple of months ago, we docked at Sunday's on the Bay, which is located at the Miami City Marina. It's on the south side of the expressway as you enter South Beach. The locals informed us this was THE place to be on Friday evenings for happy hour. I was told a number of go-fast boats show up at this time.

Other than that, almost any club in the South Beach area kicks on weekends, but they don't get started until... the time I normally go to sleep! :rolleyes:
  4. Wet Dream 2002

Wet Dream 2002 New Member

Miami Bound

I'd have to agree... Sunday's is by far the happ'n place for the social yachter. Plus you are in the marina so fuel, water, and any thing you may need is there. :D Miami is a boaters dream for "On The Water" places to go... Not quite Ft. Lauderdale, but it's a good spot.. Have fun and a safe voyage. Post on your trip.