Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno Click for Burger Click for Westport

Harbour Birthday in Hamburg

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by Henrik, May 6, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Henrik

Henrik New Member

hi all!!!

this is maybe interesting for our german members like me who want to visit hamburg to our "arbour birthday party". yesterday on my way home i saw from my car a 3 masted ship with very unusual sails. today i read in the newspaper it's the sailing yacht of the Sultan of Oman. her name is Zinat al Bihaar" (whatever this means :confused: )

so i want to ask you who maybe want to vistit hamburg this weekend (May 7 to May 9) to make some photos of her and maybe post em here later, bekause i got no time this weekend to visit the harbour-birthday.

i saw her only 2 seconds ... she is fully build of wood (hmm, sorry about my english...) and has a unique design, because of her 3 masts carrying lateen sails.
    i think her lenght is between 55m and 65m

so please .. somebody MAKE some pics! :)
  2. Henrik

Henrik New Member

to bad, yesterday on my way home i saw her lying at the "Landungsbrücken", so she is still in Hamburg. I have heard she was open for visitors during the harbour birthday....
    It would be great to see her on some photos because of her complete different design for a yacht.

But i'm sorry, it's impossible for me at this moment to take some pics.