Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums Click for Cross Click for Burger Click for Westport

FLIBS 2006 Meet-up

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by Kevin, Aug 30, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Hey Carl, I was just wondering if you'd planned on anything for FLIBS in two months, any kind of informal meet-up for all the regulars... maybe one evening, or something. I'm really hoping to get down this year, but nothing's concrete yet. But given the membership of this board, it's obvious a good portion of the contributors (and likely many readers) will already be there., so I thought it would be interesting to meet, put faces and voices to names etc.
  2. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

Absolutely! Let's do this!

My schedule's flexible, with the exception of Thursday. I have to work the entire day.

Maybe we should ask members to decide the best day & time. The most convenient time & place for everyone to meet will probably be on one of the beer barges during show hours. There's one barge that is generally not too crowded. It's located on the north (temporary) docks where they connect the Hall of Fame Marina to the docks under the Las Olas bridge, along the intracoastal.

My guess is a late Friday afternoon get together would work best for those in the industry, where as our friends who are flying in might opt for a Saturday/Sunday rendezvous?
  3. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

That's why I brought it up now, well in advance, so you could give everyone interested time to chime in and have the best chance to sort out a time & date that works for the most people.
  4. YachtForum

Kevin,

It might be a little early with Monaco coming up, but I've moved this thread into the General Discussion.

Some of the magazines, like Yachts International, have Invitiation Only parties that are professionally catered. Wouldn't it be hilarious is a bunch of people showed up at the beer barge for YachtForums! :D
  5. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Open Invitation! :D Think we could sink the barge? LOL
  6. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Curt C

We will be showing the boat at the Camper & Nicholson's display at the Las Olas Marina. Anyone please feel free stop by for a chat and a tour.
  7. Garry Hartshorn

Garry Hartshorn Senior Member

Sound like way too much fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M IN
  8. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Sounds like the party is on Curt C. LoL Actually Ken, a tour sounds great.
    Friday or Saturday works for me (keep in mind that it's not as crowded on Friday as on the weekend days). If we could get a yacht to sponsor a get together for an hour or three, we could have our own invitation-only bash. Then again the beer barge sounds relaxing. I'm in either way. See you all there.
    Carl, you working the show?
    Capt Tom
  9. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I am hoping to make it to FLIBS this year, I was booked last year then cried off when I was told how devastated the place was.

Who here is going to the Monaco Show or the Hamburg SMM or Mets/Project2006?
  10. MacMcL

MacMcL Senior Member

I understood Carl would be hosting an all expense paid dinner for all forum members at Ruth Chris's Steak House!!!!!!

(Just kidding)
  11. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

All 5000+ plus Members? Excellent! :)
  12. speedboatking

speedboatking New Member

I have not been a member of this particular site long, but these types of get-togethers are always fun. Sounds great.
  13. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Free food and booze?!

Gosh, I don't know...:p
  14. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Okay y'all,
    The FLIBS is a month away. So you folks that don't live down here in paradise need to book your travel plans soon. If you need any local information, just ask and we'll try to help. We'll let Carl finalize a date/time for YF members to get together (and perhaps more than once).
    It will be good to put faces with the names as well as see the yachts of some of the members.
    Capt Tom
  15. MYCaptainChris

MYCaptainChris Senior Member

well

I'll make the effort to be there but all depends on the sale of the yacht and if the boss is with me hunting for his new yacht????
  16. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I am going to try and make it. I was at Monaco and despite trying to meet Lars ( AMG) only managed some SMS Communication so I won't make any promises about meeting but will watch this space
  17. Castlerock

Castlerock Senior Member

I had not given any real thought to going this year, now I am reconsidering. I think that it would be great to finally put faces on the screen names.
  18. YachtForum

Sorry so late posting. On the road for the past two days...

The time to meet should be decided by our out-of-town members. Whatever is most convenient for them... will work for the rest of us in the biz or residing in South Florida.

As for multiple day meet-ups, absolutely! I don't need an excuse to take the load off and hang out with friends. My biggest concern is... how much pain my credit card can endure!

FLIBS '06... yeah, I was there. Nobody showed up. :eek:
  19. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

20. Billy1119

Billy1119 Senior Member

I'm hoping to make it down. Not sure which days yet, but I'll definitely swing by for the meet-up!