Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Comfort Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn

London Boat Show Photos

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by superyachtie, Jan 9, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. superyachtie

superyachtie New Member

So The London Boat Show, I've spent the last couple of days networking and buying the odd Sunseeker ;)

No Azimut 43S! - I've been waiting to see this boat in the flesh, and I'd spent the morning looking round the new Portofino 47, so I went over to the Azimut stand only to be told that the factory hadn't managed to delivery the boat in time!
  2. superyachtie

superyachtie New Member

I then looked round Clipper the Sunseeker 105 - Its was the first one they ever built which has been give back for a part exchange to Sunseeker. It was sold on the first day of the show! Im sure many of you will know the previous owner ;) , and the new owner comes for Jordan which is a bit of a coincidence...

Attached Files:

3. superyachtie

superyachtie New Member

A huge top deck, with spa pool, it has crew quaters for 6. For a five year old boat the interior was stunning looked like new.

Sorry for small photos

Attached Files:

4. superyachtie

superyachtie New Member

The new Portofino 47

I really like this boat, about time they did a hard top in this size. But as I learnt to my cost the hard top is an optional extra of £32,000. which makes the average price in excess of half a million.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
  5. superyachtie

superyachtie New Member

Sunseeker Finally get to build their 36.5M

Sunseeker have a had a boat around 120ft on the drawing board for several years and finally the owner of the Clipper has put his money down for it to be built!

Attached Files:

6. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Good bit of news from the sunseeker boys J. We can see where you spent the day at the show ;)

I'm heaing down for the final weekend, 14th and 15th if any one is heading that way too and fancies a YF meet-up over a swift half! :)
  7. tartanski

tartanski Member

Boat show

Sorry to say it but an extended holiday over the festive season means I wont make it to the London show. So no pint or meeting of new faces.

I will however go to the Düsseldorf boote where I am looking forward to seeing the Kaiser Werft Catwalk 133' I'm still not convinced of her looks but the layout seems interesting, I'll try to post some photos.

Anyone else heading there and fancy meeting up for a chat? I plan to be there at least on the 23rd Jan.
  8. emilios

emilios New Member

I have been out on the very first Azimut 43S in greece in September last year. Spacewise internally, the 43S is identical to the Azimut 43 flybridge, however the use of different colors and materials make them look and feel completely different. It is surely very modern-looking and very spacious for a 43-footer. Performance wise though, the IPS-equipped 43S is currently offering nothing special to write home about, but I know Azimut is working with Volvo for a 'fix' to improve the cruising and the top speed.
  9. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Wll, to add to superyachtie's photos, here are a few of this years highlights of LIBS 2006...

First up.. Azimut. 68S still looking good, but i still think the red hulled model looks ten times better.

Attached Files:

10. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Azimut 43 - A massive flybridge, big enough to be a 50 footer, nice interior too, very clean cut, however, the sink in the bathrooms has a strange low front lip to it where water would only come out the tap and straight over the edge and down your trousers! Nice touch ;)

Here is the Azimut 43 fly...

Attached Files:

11. emilios

emilios New Member

I agree with you 100%, and I am actually surprised that both at the Southampton Boat show as well as at LIBS they presented the white hulled 68S
  12. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Next up.. Fairline. New to the catalogue is the Targa 34, Nice looking boat, very stylish inside and out, probably gonna be a big seller.

Carl - having probs opening the Manage Attachments window :s

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2006
  13. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Still Loving the Fairline Targa 62. Great boat with bags of space up and below deck. And I am a huge fan of the opening sunroof, smooth, fast and gives great views :)

Attached Files:

14. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Sunseeker, nicest stand of all. And, like superyachtie, I spent most of my time there! :)

The Predator 82 is one of my favourite yachts of this size, gorgeous inside and out, and that swivel sunroof is superb! :)

And a great looking, spacious interior.

Attached Files:

15. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Here's a bit of a scoop for this site, the first 37.5m tri-deck Sunseeker yacht has gone to mold and should be ready for Southampton show this September. Owner is a repeat customer who's p/x yacht was out back.

Attached Files:

16. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Speaking of which, the Sunseeker 105, despite this particular one being 5 years old, looked in fantastic shpe inside and out. Sorry no interior photos, but the ones from Superyachtie will have to do! :) This one still looks great with the blue hull.

Attached Files:

17. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Finally, the Royal Denship was there again, the same one that was at Southampton. This time round it was eclipsed by the three Sunseekers that were next to it. Still a nice looking yacht, just not as practical inside as the Predator 82.

Carl - having more probs with the attachment window lol, it doesnt wanna pen sometimes. Persistance is the name of the game ;)

Attached Files:

18. JonS

JonS Senior Member

So there you go, a quick pick of the best of LIBS.

Only other good thing on show was Volvo showing off their new joystick, see details on the press release here.

That's all folks! ;)
  19. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Jon,

I'll double check running processes on the server right away...

Back to your tour of LIBS. That was really nice. Enjoyed sitting down at the computer with the first cup of the day's coffee... and seeing the show through your lense.

The internet... next best thing to being there! ;)
  20. JonS

JonS Senior Member

No probs Carl :) Happy to be of service from the other side of the pond!

Just realised however, I made a boo boo! I quoted Fairline's new Targa 34 and pictured it.. the one that looks siloueted. However the new one is actually the Targa 38 and i only had these two not-so-great quick pics of it. Nice looking hull windows mind. :)

Hold on... brb... [air guitar to Dire Straits - Money For Nothing] .. sorry about that, got the music cranked up, lol, anyway where was I, oh yes.. [Submit Reply]

lol ;)

Attached Files: