Click for Glendinning Click for Cross Click for Burger Click for Furuno Click for Mulder

Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by JonS, Oct 18, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. JonS

JonS Senior Member

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I'll do my best to cover the show. The boats are packed SO tight at FLIBS, it's impossible to get good profile shots. At the very least, I'll return with media kits on anything new and will post ASAP. I'm also planning to be on the water early Tuesday morning (following the show) to get pics of all the boats departing. These will probably be the best images.

With all the work leading up to the show, i.e. the new YachtForums which will hopefully launch in the next 72 hours, I'm probably going to hide the keyboard after FLIBS and play hooky for a couple of days.
  3. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I was going to say the same thing... the only profile shot I got at the entire show last year was Utopia, which wasn't even parked at the show proper... it was out near the Mariot, near the 17th St. Causeway.
  4. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Cheers Carl, much appreciated.

Looking forward to the new look YF! You deserve an all-expenses-paid trip for the time and effort you're putting in to it! ;)
  5. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Just for grins I did a search on the size range 71-75 foot. Popped up 1 Azimut, 1 Burger, 1 Canados, 1 Fairline, 1 Ferretti, 5 Hatteras, 1 Lazzara, 2 Mochi, 2 Nordhavn, 1 NorthStar, 1 Ocean, 1 Sunseeker, and 7 Viking. Pretty good European representation. Surprised that only 2 far east yachts showed, the Nordhavn and NorthStar.

Kelly Cook
  6. taobsu

taobsu New Member

I thought NorthStar is in WA. Isn't it?
  7. KCook

KCook Senior Member

OOPS! You're right taobsu. The NorthStars look enough like the various pilothouse brands from the far east that I assumed they were in the same game. My bad! :eek:

Kelly
  8. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

In the Far East category, you could also include Kingship, Cheoy Lee, Ocean Alexander, Symbol, Hargrave, Horizon, Alaskan, Johnson, Marlow, as well as Nordhavn. They should all be present at the show. :)
  9. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Good to know Carl. Guess they just didn't happen to have any models inside that 71-75' band that I searched. Still, I was surprised to see how many European yachts will be shown.

Kelly
  10. charlesyachts

charlesyachts New Member

To be particular, in Mainland China, there are following builders having boats at this show:

Ocean Alexander, Nordhaven, Hampton, Selene, Pama with boats from 42'-62'; and Cheoy Lee and Kingship with mega yachts.
  11. AMG

AMG YF Moderator