Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport

St.Maarten trip report

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by psdo, May 2, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Just got back from our spring trip to St.Maarten. This is the latest in the season we have travelled so most of the yachts have left for the Med. However some were still around and I managed to take a few shot for you to enjoy. My cousin told me about a boat that he was working on "Helios". When I saw it I knew right away that it was Pegasus. Looks like she has been sold and renamed. Not sure who the new owner is. Anyone have some info on that? She has Pershing tender that is pretty nice too. Parifin was still there as was Twizzle and some others. We were lucky enough to get up close in our friend's Top Gun Cigarette. Overall had a great time and hope to return in December for the second SMYC.

Attached Files:

2. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Some more shots

Some shots taken from Neil Rooney's new bar.

Attached Files:

3. psdo

psdo Senior Member

yet some more

Can't wait to go back again.
    Anyone who has been to SXM has been to see Air France take off. Not many get this angle.

Attached Files:

4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi PSDO,

Great coverage (as we've come to expect from you!). When you included the pic of Air France preparing for take-off, it reminded me of some images I had on file and wanted to share with you. I really hate to change the vector of this thread, but these pics are worthy of a little diversion. So... please return your seat to the upright position. ;)

Air France approach to St. Maarten...

Attached Files:

5. YachtForums

Two 747's on final...

Attached Files:

6. YachtForums

American & US Airways practicing the commercial equivilent to a carrier landing...

Attached Files:

7. YachtForums

And finally... a view from the cockpit. All runways look short from the air, but with the mountains in the background, an aborted approach looks frightening.

Sorry to take the thread off course, but I got a kick outa these pics and thought you would too. :)

Attached Files:

8. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Yes I have seen most of those pics on Airliner.net and Jetphotos.
    Two great reasons to visit SXM,, yachts and planes,, not to mention the "scenery" on the beaches!!!
    Glad you liked them..