Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Westport Click for Abeking

Yacht Express

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by captaintilt, Apr 18, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. captaintilt

captaintilt Senior Member

In case anyone is missing being out on the water today, Yacht Express is loading in Port Everglades today, and you can watch the steady stream of Yachts on PEwebcam heading down to get staged and loaded.
  2. captainwjm

captainwjm Senior member

I've been watching as I sit at the house waiting for the AC repairman to give me bad news. Questions: once underway, do the yachts have access to cooling water so as to run engines and gennys to do engine maintainence? I assume that electrical power is provided by the ship, and that black and gray water are retained aboard the yachts, right? And, I further assume that the yachts travel w/ skeleton or no crew while in transist, right?
  3. captaintilt

captaintilt Senior Member

It's a pretty easy process to get on the ship, but I've only ever loaded onto the ship. I do know that you can ride across with the ship, and there are fresh / raw water hoses available, as well as wastewater hoses. Electrical power is available to the Yachts in order to complete some much needed maintenance. I know that when the boat that I put on and shipped to it's new owner, he flew over the new Captain and Crew to familiarize themselves with everything on the trip across.
  4. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

"Yacht Express" was in Le Marin, Martinique I believe it was a week or two ago. She surely moves around.