Click for Westport Click for Westport Click for JetForums Click for Perko Click for Mag Bay

MTV's VMA Yachts...

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by chuckchuck, Aug 30, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. chuckchuck

chuckchuck New Member

Anyone know who the manufacturer of Usher's yacht is? Brilliant silver and blue with a stunning profile.
  2. lwrandall

lwrandall senior member

It is a Pershing - Part of the Ferretti Group. Not sure what size it was.
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I caught a 2 second segment on TV last night with film footage provided by a helicopter flying over the docks where some stars were arriving by water. In that 2 second glance, I saw what looked like a Pershing, but it was an overhead view and difficult to tell exactly what it was. However, silver is a color often associated with Pershing's Yachts.
  4. chuckchuck

chuckchuck New Member

Ah yes, the Pershing 88'

Thanks to lwrandall, it is the Pershing '88. That is a killer profile, kind of hotrod, retro, future, muscular...

More photos on http://www.******************/eng/home_eng.html
    - Click Models, then click 88'.
  5. lwrandall

lwrandall senior member

By the way. I am pretty sure all if not most of the boats used during the entrances were loaners from Global Yacht (importers of Uniesse and Sealine) and Marine Max(Dealers for Ferretti and Pershing) because all the yachts used were either Uniesse (66Fly, 54 Sport and 57 Open), various Sealine, Ferretti Custom 94, plus others and of course the Pershing.
  6. Nismo350Z33

Nismo350Z33 New Member

I also think none of the yachts were owned by any of the well-knowns. I doubt most of them even know what kind of yacht they were in. Ask them what a "head" was and they'll give a confused look. Sad really...
  7. digitalvibes

digitalvibes New Member

Oh yeah, P-Diddy plugged Marine Max by pointing to the yacht he arrived on and saying it was a "Marine Max boat"...
  8. YachtForums

So true. I have to admit, the hip-hop crew really cleaned up their act for the VMA's this year. Most of them we're well dressed, bordering professional (with a pimp accent).

I rode my bike to Miami with Dennis Rodman (yep, Carmen Electra's ex) and about another 100 riders. We started at Ft. Lauderdale Harley-Davidson and made a stop at the Cheetah strip club (hey, not my choice... but a good choice none-the-less). Proceeded to South Beach and basically got stuck in a traffic jam... not much fun in 90 degree heat with a Big V-Twin amplifying the same.

I was amazed at the number of fans around the Miami Arena. Thousands! The fans were held behind gates at such a distance, you'de need binoculars to see a celebrity. Groupies... pretty sad. Pathetic really.
  9. YachtForums

I should apologise. That comment was a little harsh. But some of these fans had been there for 12 hours waiting to get a glmpse of a star from a great distance. I dunno...
  10. Nismo350Z33

Nismo350Z33 New Member

Don't feel too sorry for the people. I watched some of the VMAs lastnight (I had the TV on, but was on the computer). I think it sucked. The Ying Yang twins are annoying. And what's up with the threat of "Vote or Die"?

Most of the "artists" there don't write their own music and have computers clean up their voices since they sound so bad (unbelievable). MTV doesn't even play good music anymore imo, but I'm glad they're keeping the good stuff out. Once the good music comes in, it'll just be ruined by the demand of more music by people who don't know music and like stuff shoved down their throats.

MTV has really gone down over the years and now looks as if it's targeting 13 year olds. I haven't been watching MTV that much because of this and I plan not to anymore.

By the way, I listen to Tool, The Mars Volta, and A Perfect Circle.