Click for Burger Click for Cross Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service

Bertram Fuel Tanks

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by keithFWB, Nov 13, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. keithFWB

keithFWB New Member

I have removed the old fiberglass fuel tank from my 1968 Bertram Moppie. Doeas anyone know a source for replacement tanks or where I can find the exact speca for the tank I removed?
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

3. bertram28

bertram28 New Member

Give Danny Piedra a call at High Tide Marine in Marathon,Florida..................he has a line on new O.E.M. Bertram fuel tanks................google for High Tide Marine.....................
  4. Ormond Bert54

Ormond Bert54 Senior Member

I would go to Bertram31.com and post your question.

My Bertram 28 has a single aluminum 200 gallon tank that is beautifully made ... previous owner installed it ... The name is slipping my mind ... see what kind of responses you get from Bertram31.com ... if you need I can have one of my contacts local to my boat go to the boat and look up the information.

Mike
    301-509-1211
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Glasstek in Miami is located minutes away from the Bertram factory and does a lot of reproduction older bertram fiberglass, like the entire cockpit fiberglass sections and stuff. They probably also know the exact dimensions of the fuel tank that came out and may have new ones in stock.
  6. 35bert

35bert New Member

is there a hole?

is it a gas boat? did you find rot? I pulled a tank out of a 1973 35 bertram a gas boat, being repower to diesel. I cut 6 holes 12" x 12" between the internal dividers. I cut the holes to check for damage from the ethanol, I heard reports of it eating holes in older fiberglass tanks... In my case there was no damage what so ever on the inside of the tank. I had planed on coating the inside with vinylester but after seeing how nice the inside was and not hearing any thing bad happening to tanks in diesel bertrams, I left it alone patched my inspection holes and reinstalled the factory tank....