Click for Llebroc
Click for Christensen
Click for Moonen
Click for Llebroc
Click for Trinity
Click for MotorCheck
Go Back   YachtForums.Com > YACHT & BOAT FORUMS > Motor Yachts > Benetti Yacht > Benetti Yachts - Reverie

Login to YachtForums
Username
Password

Benetti Yachts - Reverie

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2004, 10:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Benetti Yachts - Reverie

One of their biggest in terms of lenght and the biggest in terms of volume : seven decks !!
Attached Images
christo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Reverie

Picture and information was taken from:

http://www.rnryachts.com/Reverie.html

With a length of 70m, a beam of 12,5m and her seven decks, Reverie is the largest yacht built in Italy in the last fifteen years. This fabulous vessel of 1500 tons combines the space of a cruising ship with the richness and luxury of a magnificent megayacht. The interior design and decor were entrusted to the famous English designer John Munford, who proposed classic furnishing in dark mahogany and walnut. The furniture is in Regency and Imperial English style with vaulted ceilings showing fresco paintings. Columns, pilasters and capitals with floral design have been widely used, as well as a profusion of exclusive marbles. Every single detail has been carefully selected in order to make this yacht a very exclusive and unique vessel. The owner will have an entire deck for himself and his family, with magnificent panoramic cabin and private terrace forward on the upper deck. On the same deck there are two large cabins for his children, a studio, a large lounge with games area and conversation area. Each cabin has private bathroom and dressing room. The guests are lodged in 4 big cabins on the lower deck, plus an immense, full beam, VIP suite. In the lower deck and in the under lower deck there are accommodation for 28 crew members. The sun deck, specially reinforced to allow the landing of a big helicopter, features a wide pool facing a wet bar and a panoramic lounge covered by the sky deck. On a yacht with seven decks a lift is a must, and on Reverie there is an elevator for 4 people through the six lower decks. Reverie is a steel displacement hull with aluminium superstructure; technically speaking she is more similar to a ship because of her retractable fin stabilizers of 2.5m, variable pitch propellers, bulbous bow, elastic mounted bow-thruster, local treatment units for air conditioning, etc. The immense engine room is on two levels, the two CAT3516, 2000 hp engines and gear box are on the lower level; with the control room, the four 200KW caterpillar generators, the two 20.000 liter/day desalination plants, a workshop, the electrical distribution boards, and Hi-fog fire-fighting equipment on the mezzanine level. Two tender garage, one on each side, allow the storage of big tenders and one huge transom door become a beautiful and comfortable bathing platform, when open.

Specification

Length: 70.10m (230' ).
Beam: 12.50m (41' ) Classification: Other
Draft: 3.66m (12' )
Year Built: 2001
Terms: MYBA
Builder: Benetti Naval
Interior Designer: John Munford

Hull Construction: Steel

Jacuzzi: Yes

Air Conditioning: Yes

Number of Cabins: 10 Deck
Total Guests (Sleeping): 20 Total Guests (Cruising): 12
Cabin Configuration: (8 Double,2 Twin)
Total Crew: 27

Commercial/MCA/ISM Status: Due to be commercial

Summer Operating Area:
West Med - Riviera/Corsica/Sardinia, West Med - Naples/Sicily, West Med - Balearics
Summer Base Port: South France
Winter Operating Area: Caribbean - Windward, Caribbean - Virgin Isl., Caribbean - Leeward

Terms: MYBA

Rate Details:
Plus VAT, undergoing commercial registration

Engines & Generators
2 x 2,000hp Caterpillar 3516 B DI TA to grearboxes, shafts propellers

GENERATORS & ELECTRICITY: 4 x 200kW Caterpillar

Fuel Consumption: US Gall/Hr Range: 6000
Gross Tons: 1975
MaxSpeed: 16.5 knots
CruisingSpeed: 14 knots
Attached Images
archnav.de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 05:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Reverie was built for the owner and CEO of the norwegian Aker Kvaerner group Kjell Inge Rökke.The yacht was sold to the USA a few month ago.Does anybody know who bought the yacht?

Is it ok that i post the name of the owner? I´m new in this forum.
Braveheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 06:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Publisher/Admin

I think it's interesting to learn about owners. Others seem to be intrigued too. If it's public information... there's no harm. We welcome your knowledge...
YachtForums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Still no suggestions who the owner is after the yacht was sold ? I saw the yacht in St Barth in April,2004 and actually, some of Nizmo's pictures were taken there. Reverie is too big to moor stern-to in the narrow Gustavia harbour, so - out-of-season - she is lying alongside the quay, after entering the harbour very slowly moving backwards.
She has a very beautiful racy wooden tender, which is no surprise because her former norwegian owner is a offshore race boat enthousiast.

After her sale, not very much is known about her ??
kalmeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jackie

John Munford

Does anyone the website of the designer John Munford please
Old 04-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie
Does anyone the website of the designer John Munford please
Still looking for his website.

Other info available:

John Munford Design
Building 2,
Shamrock Quay,
Northam,
Southampton,
Hampshire,
S014 5QL
UK

Tel: +44 (0)23 80630880
Fax: +44 (0)23 80332117

Arniev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

center of gravity

With Reverie's immense height, she must have special construction to keep her center of gravity low to remian stable. I believe that after Octopus she might have the most decks for her length.

Does anybody know where there is more info on her construction and possibly her layout?

Thanks,

Ron
ronvanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronvanb
With Reverie's immense height, she must have special construction to keep her center of gravity low to remian stable. I believe that after Octopus she might have the most decks for her length.

Does anybody know where there is more info on her construction and possibly her layout?

Thanks,

Ron
I read the construction is steel and aluminium. My guess is a steel hull and aluminium superstructure to keep the center of gravity low.

Layout:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3316/z1dsh5.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7885/z1cjs3.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5084/z1erp5.jpg
Nismo350Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
YF News Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo350Z33
I read the construction is steel and aluminium. My guess is a steel hull and aluminium superstructure to keep the center of gravity low.

Layout:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3316/z1dsh5.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7885/z1cjs3.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5084/z1erp5.jpg
Yes you are correct, it is steel hull and alum... superstructure. Even if you did not know that it would be a bit of common sense to know you can't put the heavier material on top the lighter material for structural reasons, stability, and even load carry capacity, sturcture loads, wave bearing loads etc.
Yacht News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 06:19 AM   #11 (permalink)

Briefly here in Grenada on 19th Dec.Looked a bit special alongside Bravado
rick woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Benetti - Reverie

Witnessed her in the cruise port, yesterday in Nassau, Bahamas. Now owned by a British family, proudly waving their country's flag in the rear. Spoke to some of the deckhands on board. Nestled up right next to her was, Le Grand Bleu. Spectacular views from our cruise ship of both!
gtisch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:16 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtisch1
Now owned by a British family, proudly waving their country's flag in the rear.
Hi,

The Flag at the Stern does not necessarily represent the nationality of the Owner.

In this case the Owner is most definitely not British.
K1W1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
YF News Associate

Sometimes, the nationality of the owner might be flown on the port-side yard arm on the main mast. If it isn't that it is a yacht club or other marina organization burgee. If another flag is present on that yard arm it might denote the nationality of guests onboard especially in the case of a charter yacht.
Yacht News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #15 (permalink)

Reverie in FLAU

I just ate at Pier 66 Pelican bar today and walked by REVERIE who is berthed at their fuel dock. The paint was tired and completely flat, there were stress cracks around windows on the Pilothouse windows. Impressive in size, but not in good shape it seemed. I hope they are off to the yard for minimum of a complete paint job.

I read somewhere that the owner is Peter Sperling of Apollo Group.

As all good sea stories start "This is no BS...." Sperling was chartering every big boat he could a few summers back to get a feel for what he liked and disliked for a month at a time. I guess he fell in love with this one.

Mad Summer was just sitting in the same slip a few weeks ago and much more impressive to sit next to as it blocked out the sun from about noon until dusk!
nano-J is offline   Reply With Quote