Click for Horizon
Click for Nordhavn
Click for Walker
Click for Horizon
Click for Alexseal
Click for DeAngelo
Go Back   YachtForums.Com > YACHT & BOAT FORUMS > Motor Yachts > Benetti Yacht > Does anyone know about this Yacht

Login to YachtForums
Username
Password

Does anyone know about this Yacht

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
AMG
YF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by costalive
I see, the vessel I that I am looking for, I think was named, "Rose of Newport" but it has been a long time.

Thanks for commenting
The picture you posted is not Rose of Newport, but a yacht that had the name Henry K when it had a refit in 1995, it was built in 1973.

Rose of Newport is from 1975 and have more squarish portholes below deck. IŽll see if I can trace her now... (I have been onboard both in the 90:s)
AMG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt J
I worked on a yacht that was 97' and called "SISISI", it is still travelling the east coast of the US. It has Gardener diesels and I believe was built in a Feretti yard and is steel. It looks very similar to your picture and brings back fond memories.
Yes she is beautiful a little big for me.
Every 10 feet under 100 means a lot for me.
Thanks for the reply I think we have the same taste
Attached Images
costalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG
The picture you posted is not Rose of Newport, but a yacht that had the name Henry K when it had a refit in 1995, it was built in 1973.

Rose of Newport is from 1975 and have more squarish portholes below deck. IŽll see if I can trace her now... (I have been onboard both in the 90:s)
Oh that's great. So you think the boat I am looking for was at one time named the Henry K.
That's good information where was she when you were on her and any information or things you remember would be great. Did you like her layout below and was I right that she had cats for power and stainless steel cap rails? Do you remember how long she was? It was quite a while ago when I got the listing specs. from a broker so I am still trying to sort things out.

She probably was built in 93 that would explain the more rake and modern profile.

Thanks, I would appreciate any pictures of both boats to help my understanding of things.

Thanks again
Old 08-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
AMG
YF Moderator

Quote:
So you think the boat I am looking for was at one time named the Henry K.
...was I right that she had cats for power and stainless steel cap rails?
Henry K had Gardners and was on charter in the Med. Rose could have had Cats... all my old documents are stored so I can not answer right now.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
AMG
YF Moderator

Here I think I have found the old Rose of Newport or a near sister for sale: http://www.boatshop24.co.uk/MzY4MTc5...assic.html#top

More pictures: http://search.boatshop24.co.uk/morep...refno=27248861
Attached Images
Old 08-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG
Henry K had Gardners and was on charter in the Med. Rose could have had Cats... all my old documents are stored so I can not answer right now.
As the story unfoldes this is how I remember it. Bamboo became Progression which was at the Bradfords ship yard in Florida when I saw her (late 80's - probably early 90's) and I came real close to getting her. She sold for cheap around 500 thousand then. She was sold underhandedly by the yard to someone they wanted. She bad margin plates "corrosion" from air conditioners where the hull meets the tank tops, at that time. She went back to the Med and did chartering after some refit work. I just remembered I received a charter brochure which I think she was renamed "Henry K". But yes she did have Gardner's. Progression and Nadir were basically the same but with different interior layouts where the boat i am looking for looked slightly more modern.The boat I am interested in I never saw in person just a spec sheet. As I recall the Description: Laying in London and originally built for a high ranking executive (VP) at Shell Oil. I do remember this boat listed Cat powered and was beamier than the other two (Progression/Nadir) maybe thats why she had cats. As I remember progression had Gardners, Nadir had Detroit's, and the one I am looking for had cats.

Does this ring a bell for you about this Benetti?
Could the picture I attached be "Rose"

Thanks again
Old 08-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG
Here I think I have found the old Rose of Newport or a near sister for sale: http://www.boatshop24.co.uk/MzY4MTc5...assic.html#top

THIS COULD BE IT
. I have just sent away for more pictures and specifications I am so excited.

I don't know what to say but THANK YOU!

Jim
Old 08-19-2011, 10:28 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1W1
Hi,

Were you on there with Kenny and KC?
Oh yes indeedie, my Aunt gave Kenny his first ever skippers job on her schooner and KC is still the one who turned a boy into a man at the Pink Pussycat Club!!!!!
FISHTIGUA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG

AMG you have really proven your knowledge and understanding about Benetti's. And the link to the listing was the boat I was looking for, thank you.

Now that all this information has been uncovered I would like your opinion about something that I now realize.

The boat that I posted in the original thread, I thought was the boat I was looking for, it has "5" port side main saloon windows and the boat I was looking for shows "4" main saloon windows. An earlier post K1W1 stated "one of those Bennettis that was made in a big long length and were chopped off and crimped at the ends when an Owner said what length he wanted" seems to make sense. The picture I posted is probabaly a longer version of the style I was looking for.

Do you agree and what are your thoughts on how long she is or anything about her?

The added length improves the look of that style of boat.

Thanks Jim
Old 08-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
AMG
YF Moderator

Quote:
The added length improves the look of that style of boat.
From the information given, the initial 5 window boat (Henry K) is 84' (25.6m) and the one for sale with 4 windows is 85' (25.98m). Different size of windows I guess...
Old 10-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt J View Post
I worked on a yacht that was 97' and called "SISISI", it is still travelling the east coast of the US. It has Gardener diesels and I believe was built in a Feretti yard and is steel. It looks very similar to your picture and brings back fond memories.
SISISI was southbound on the Waccamaw River yesterday afternoon. Beautiful boat.
ddw1668 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddw1668 View Post
SISISI was southbound on the Waccamaw River yesterday afternoon. Beautiful boat.
Yeah, washing that thing in a day, or cleaning ALL of the teak decks in one day about broke me. LOLOLOL, but she was a great yacht and brings back lots of good memories....I worked on her around 2002/3, and the Captain let me run the boat down the ICW a lot of the time.
Capt J is offline   Reply With Quote