Click for Northern Lights Click for Burger Click for Cross Click for Ocean Alexander Click for JetForums

New Azimut 68 Motoryacht?

Discussion in 'Azimut Yacht' started by lwrandall, May 23, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. lwrandall

lwrandall senior member

I thought I saw a partial picture of the replacement for the Azimut 68 Plus motoryacht. Has anybody seen this or am I having a senior moment? I think it was named the 68 Evolution. If I am not having a senior moment, does anyone have any information, pictures or drawings?
    Last edited: May 23, 2005
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I know Azimut has a 42' and 55' "Evolution". The exterior styling looks ALOT like the 68 Plus. Could you be thinking of the 68 - "S" ?

Photo below...

Attached Files:

3. lwrandall

lwrandall senior member

No, it's not the 68S. After doing a google on the 68 Evolution it does exist but their very little info on it. I believe it will have hull sides similar to the new 75. I am hoping someone may have more info on her. (Interior layout etc..)
  4. YachtForums

I checked Azimut's FTP site, as well as their consumer site. No info there either. Azimut's marketing staff changed a few months ago and I have not had much contact with them since then.

I'll send a note this evening and see if we can get some info. :)
  5. lwrandall

lwrandall senior member

6. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Here's a piece of what you might be looking for:

May/June 05 issue of BOAT International USA, page 20 says that four Evolution models are available: 42, 46,55, and 68.

The "evolutions" are primarily aesthetic... mirrored side windows, larger broadside windows for improved interior light, cherrywood furniture, perfumed cedarwood interior, increased room for hanging lockers, and redesigned pilot consoles for the latest equipment.
  7. dartanyan

dartanyan New Member

68 plus and 68s they are different motorboat :)

68 plus is flybridge motor yacht on the other hand 68s is a crusing yach :) I mean.

Attached Files:

8. techmati

techmati Senior Member

gotta have flybridge and red hull so please new model :D
  9. azyachtrr

azyachtrr New Member

I just joined YachtForums, and am unsure if I am replying correctly. However, I took delivery last month of a 2006 Azimut 68 Evolution, so I can assure you that it exists and that it is a real head turner wherever it goes. The boat is powered by twin 1360 common rail MAN turbo-charged diesels which perform perfectly with the hull. The master stateroom main porthole is a very large trapezoid. The flybridge, bow, walkarounds, and cockpit are teak decked, and the salon, dinette, galley and lower helm are mahogany decked. The lower helm features two side-by-side captain's chairs, both beautiful and exceptionally comfortable.
  10. YachtForums

Welcome to YachtForums!

Yes, the 68' Evo exists. :) Since the above posts were made, images and specs became available, but someone (that would be me!) forgot to follow up on this thread.

Glad to have you onboard. Look forward to your participation!
  11. lwrandall

lwrandall senior member

It's good to know I was not seeing things. You start to wonder as you get older. :rolleyes: Carl, are you going to post that information. AZYACHTRR, would you be willing to post some pics of her. Also, could you let me know who you dealt with. I have tried to contact Azimut to get info (twice) and have yet to receive a response from anyone.
  12. YachtForums

Lionell,

You and I are in the same boat, sorta speak. Since the new management team took over at Azimut, I've had more contact with deceast relatives. :rolleyes:

Allied Richard Bertram has a little info and here's an image...

http://www.arbmg.com/new_yachts/azimut/68/

Attached Files:

13. speeder

speeder New Member

I´ve seen a Azimut looking like this one in Marina Frapa (Rogoznica) I`m going to look whether i`ve got a picture.
  14. JonS

JonS Senior Member

The Azimut 86S was, to my surprise, at the SIBS this year... i noticed it sneaking in on the first day, and then when i went back it was moored properly....

I was gutted that it didnt have the red hull tho :(

Attached Files:

15. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Quite nice... just understated. Without the red it lacks the visual impact.
  16. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Totally! I didn't know it was there until i was infront of it!
  17. superyachtie

superyachtie New Member

Hey Jon, did they have a 43s at the show? Does anyone know the price of it in £'s I want one! It looks really long too is eactly 43ft?
  18. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Unfortunately, of the 4 Azimuts there, 3 of them were flybridg boats, no 43S i'm afraid, bit disappointed myself, but it was still god to see the 68S at SIBS.

The 43S is a nice looking yacht tho, for sure! See...

http://www.azimutyachts.net/upload/news/40/foto40-1.jpg

and

http://www.us-sportboats.cc/az43sliv3.jpg

Price wise, i've had a net search and can't find a figure for the 43. But considering the 86S is approx £3.5m, the 68S approx £1.5m, you're looking about £750k to a mill i recon.
  19. emilios

emilios New Member

Apologies in late-joining the thread, the price of the Azimut 43S is in the region of 465,000 euros.