Click for Delta Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Mulder

2008 Azimut 55 - Schematics needed

Discussion in 'Azimut Yacht' started by YachtForums, Jun 27, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

A local captain on a 2008 Azimut 55 Express has a leaky fuel tank and is looking for schematics to get a better handle on replacing it. I promised to post a note on YF for him.
  2. franzmerenda

franzmerenda Senior Member

If this a 55, she should be en Evolution, with flybridge.
    If single bridge, should be a 62S.
    I'm asking just because a friend of mine has actually a 55 and, I could ask him to make some copy of boat drawings.
    Almost sure the 55 and 62S have different tank layout.
    franz
  3. Mark Woglom

Mark Woglom Senior Member

Live in Gilford NH. Boat in Sarasota winters, New
    I formerly owned a 2002 55 Evolution. I can definitively say the following:

1. The drawings that were published in the Azimut manual are near useless. They were not only "very schematic", they were often wrong. I'll be surprised if there are any drawings that show how the fuel tank is installed.

2. There were 2 fuel tanks in my Azimut, one on either side of the engine room. According to the manual, they were 330 gallons each. However, about 1/2 of the aluminum tanks were buried between the lazarette bulkhead and the hull. The fuel tank will come out a lot easier than many boats, but it will still be a heck of a project. The following photo shows the starboard side tank on my former boat. Unfortunately, I do not have a photo that shows how the tanks goes back in behind the bulkhead. I would think it would be pretty easy to see the source of a leak, unless it was behind the aforementioned bulkhead.

I now own a 68 Lazzara, and the difference in detail between owner's manuals is like night and day. The Azimut manual (2002 Vintage) is mostly a binder full of quasi-useless documents from component manufacturers. There is very little that is specific to the actual boat, or the way the systems are installed. The Lazzara (2005 vintage) on the other hand, has actual design drawings, photographs (with labels) of the actual boat during the build, and great details, such as the make/model/serial number for nearly every system installed in the boat. Further, it gives customized instructions for all of the major operating systems in the boat. As an owner/operator, I can't tell you how much I appreciate a good manual.

Attached Files:

4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

5 year old leaky tank ??

Azimut can't supply blue prints on such a recent boat?
  5. franzmerenda

franzmerenda Senior Member

"...I've seen things on Azimuts you people wouldn't believe..." :rolleyes:
  6. captaintilt

captaintilt Senior Member

55' Azimut Leaky Fuel Tank

I would send him to the MarineMax store in Huntington, NY and talk with Brandon. He is the Azimut Guru in the area, and would be able to get a schematic very easily, if not know how to get the tank out and get replaced.
  7. CarverMike

CarverMike New Member

Does anyone have an electronic copy of the Azimut 55 Fly. Mine is s 2002 but I believe for that model 2001-2006 and pretty much the same.
  8. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Please re-read this thread. Then search all Mut threads.
    We get asked constantly.
    Mut's have no schematics. As above, Mut manuals are rather useless.
    If you have an issue, please open a new thread and ask.
    YF members are from around the world and probably have seen most issues before.