That must have taken some time over that. But I shall bow to your evident superiority of strength in this situation, except for one or two small discrepancies. Read this with a smile.
1) You have never, may I suggest, been a marine engineer. Not by most definitions. A rocket scientist, maybe. Or, if you have, only very recently and with very little time, if any, on ships. What is the truth?
2) You erroneously suggest that that I was firing broadsides or showing 'disrespect' to all the commentators. NOT true. Read again.
Kiwi, Roc Diver and AMG's comments were, either, perfectly polite or in the same part-humorous spirit. At least not 'little dog syndrome' attacking or sneeringly sarcastic. As such, they received utterly civilized responses in return...well I hope they thought so.
I don't attack those that respond reasonably. In writing, that would be utter COWARDICE, not something of which I've often been accused.
3) You, I felt snidely, suggest by your last remark that I have actually threatened, by opening a public forum, the commentators, especially two, in this forum. Now that certainly is NOT true, is actually rather an unfair distortion of the entire tenor of the 'debate'. I don't even know them to see. ( Are you speed reading I wonder, for that can often lead to these sort of misunderstandings, and I've noticed in the past you often seem to completely misinterpret the tenor of comments from others as well.)
The rest of your comments can be said to be practically true.
1) We all depend on you for this forum. (I need a smiley bowing deeply here.)
2) I surely do have an infinite lack of knowledge. I'm just a glorified grease-monkey, for God's sake, not an aerospace expert or a marriage counsellor.
3) My repeated contention is still not even understood, it seems, nor my word even supposed to be worth consideration for a second. In fact my comments were worthy of sarcasm. So, yes, precluding those words, there is then no evidence of it. (Of course, were my comments actually erroneous, any old marine engineer would know of evidence to prove me wrong, and would have spoken up....with his evidence no doubt. )
4) As your sentence says 'I AM an engineer and I find ....... similar a raging lunatic.' You have the right to insult me like that.. it's YOUR site, but I can't remember saying anything quite so ragingly and directly rude to anyone myself.
5) Breastfeeding: read last part above again. ( actually, despite it's raging rudeness, you are spot on here. I WAS bottle fed and, apparently, slept in an orange crate for a few months and was guarded by an Alsation, and from whom I learnt the meaning of loyalty.)
6) There was certainly at least ONE other on this thread that WAS actually ignorant of the subject in discussion. But, as I said, ignorance is in itself no reason for disdain or even a sharply worded retort.
But sneering sarcasm certainly is. As the sarcasm came BEFORE my first broadside.............well, you get the point. Remember debating?
7) Obviously not, but you THREATENED to censor me...exactly that. And a threat to censor is, in itself, a preliminary form of censorship. Ask the Chinese. And your definition of a respectable intelligent community would seem to ban your definition of, so called, politically incorrect bluntness or contention of any sort not backed up by immediate documentation to your own satisfaction. You hold the six-gun. But I would suggest that a forum is either free (barring repetitive foul or abusive language etc.) or it is not.
8) Yes. I'm pretty dumb, and the fact that I've written this proves it to me if nobody else. You, on the other hand, 'as a consultant to the Dept. of Defense and Lockheed Aerospace', and having designed this site (which is pretty nicely designed by the way.) must REALLY be pretty clever. I admit it. I don't know you personally so I would never deign to judge. I certainly would never abuse, threaten or correct you. I don't know you and you did not ask me. See?
Anyway, if you feel my comments on your 'forum' are misleading, dishonest, or so politically worrying, or unreasonable, as to be actually unacceptable, then please do feel completely free to delete them and my other details and access as well.
And thank you for providing me with something interesting to do on what would otherwise have been a boring weekend.