Click for Delta Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for Furuno Click for JetForums

Lars Modin Design

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by AMG, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryClay

BarryClay New Member

Lars I sent a seperate e-mail to your design house site (I think)re: trawler/voyaging. What caught my eye was the upper portion of bling which could be applied to what I am interested in. Have you thought about a 360 degree pilot house design with upper flybrige :cool:
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Barry,

Just wanted to let you know... Lars is out of town until January 2nd, although he may check in before this date. :)

Carl
  3. hufloas

hufloas New Member

It would have another helipad on the bow, don't you think?
  4. hufloas

hufloas New Member

I'm talking about PANDORA, of course.
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I am back...

Hi all.

I have just returned from my holidays at the French Riviera. Today I was walking in Antibes before catching the flight to Sweden, a calm sunny day, with the Alp Maritimes dressed in white. I was lucky to be there and not in Thailand where there are about 3.500 Swedes still missing after the Tsunami last Sunday.

Together with maybe as many as 200.000 killed by the waves, many more hurt and millions homeless.

A bright contrast to luxury yachts, but I hope to be able to contribute in one way or the other to the needs of all affected.

Lars

Attached Files:

6. hufloas

hufloas New Member

Welcome back, Lars.

Christmas (sad) days have gone and I hope to see your new projects as soon as possible.
  7. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

More Helidecks?? :)

No, I think there will be enough space for helicopters as it is. Including the garage you can carry up to six big twin engine helicopters...

The foredeck is not an ideal place to use for landing. First the deck has to be lifted so you have no bulwarks that can catch the helicopters landing gear, secondly you prefer headwind wich makes it difficult to land when the boat is underway or at anchor in a windy spot.

With a big and wide boat like Pandora it is not impossible, but normally you prefer to land from the stern with a free approach towards the wind.

Most yachts has very small helipads, mainly built for emergency pickup and not certified for night landing or refuelling. Before using it they also have to secure furniture and ropes on neighbouring decks that otherwise can fly around from the airstream of the rotors.

Pandora has more like a professional Heliport in comparison.

/Lars

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  8. hufloas

hufloas New Member

And... how many helipads (including hangars) will have Victoria's design?
  9. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I don´t know yet how many, but I think she will have a similar arrangement as Pandora, only more discreetly incorporated in the design. We have to wait some time before I can catch up and finalize her... ;)
    /Lars
  10. capitan_buzo

capitan_buzo New Member

Did you finish the design yet of the 200m yacht yet?
  11. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Not yet, but when she is ready I´ll post her here first!

More urgent was to finish a slightly smaller ship, that will be built in aluminium to be launched this summer... :)

Attached Files:

12. hufloas

hufloas New Member

You may thing we're very impatient, he, he! ;)

... So, it's true :D
  13. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

VICTORIA, 206 M / 675 FEET

My first yacht of 2005 is also the biggest Superyacht ever at 206 m or 675 feet.

My intention has been to make a rather classic yacht, since she has to survive many trends to come during her lifespan. She might still be changed a little here and there, but as a first attempt in this giga-size I think she looks pretty OK?

Was she worth waiting for? ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  14. BarryClay

BarryClay New Member

For a cruise ship.. :rolleyes:
  15. hufloas

hufloas New Member

Well, I would have to know more details in order to appreciate her, like specifications, floorplans, tenders, toys... I wonder if she has a helicopter hangar :confused:

In a first look she displays impressive, although personally I prefer "greenhouse" yachts (like Crystal Ball, by Francis Design) ;)
  16. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

As it is hard to appreciate the size and volume of a 205 m yacht you can compare with the 105 m Lady Moura. Victoria is bigger than many cruise ships and I have problems seeing such a big yacht designed as a tugboat, a space ship or a submarine to name a few recent design concepts.

The greenhouse style I made on the 36 m Stealth ten years ago, is used even here on the big glass walls that can be darkened with a dimmer.

Heli garage and toys are aft, consider that the yacht is about 30 meter wide and can hide a myriad of toys. The high two floor glass panels on main deck is to let light in to a central atrium that goes through several decks and in the funnel are two big glassed entertainment areas.

There is an indoor pool and an outdoor on the 50 meter long foredeck. The two fly decks are for sunbathing with jacuzzis. There are several wide side decks made for walking and some are divided as private balconies to the suites.

The six Solas life boats carries 55 people each, crew will be 100 to 150 if you include personal staff and there will be accommodations for up to 150 guests. With diesel electric propulsion the cruising speed will be 24 knots.

This will be a serious toy... :)

/Lars
  17. hufloas

hufloas New Member

:eek: Your description makes me said... Woooow!

Now, I can appreciate the combination of classicism and innovation that you want to transmit. You've really got it!! :)
  18. hufloas

hufloas New Member

Is there any picture of Stealth in this forum?
  19. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

The Stealth is on the first page of this thread... ;)
  20. BarryClay

BarryClay New Member

I too can appreciate the "stuff", and the wow factor, but design benchmarks should be above "stuff" and into completely new directions.

Q: as we seem to get larger, we get more vertical in styling (royal "we" in terms of the community) we stack more, and become more balanced or synergistic in design (like both right and left butterfly wings are the same, the word symetric comes to mind) Can this design be less symetric and achieve greatness on this scale?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.